If you caught yourself daydreaming, Christmas shopping, or just twiddling your thumbs at work today, you were not alone!
According to a survey of more than 2,000 people, Monday, December 18th, or the day one week before Christmas, is the day people officially start slacking at work.
- 57 percent of those employees surveyed admit they have pretty much checked out mentally at work.
- 42 percent admitted to using time at work to shop online for Christmas gifts on this day.
- 35 percent confess that they will be spending time planning Christmas day.
- 30 percent say they will take some time out of their work day to plan their Christmas break.
- 17 percent will duck out of work early.
- 12 percent revealed that they’ll be taking a longer lunch break than usual.
- 6 percent even admit that they’ll indulge in a little sip of liquor or two while at work.
- 4 percent will just flat-out call in sick, even though they are not.