Thanksgiving leftovers still cause me nightmares. That's because I have a birthday on November 29th, and growing up my dad would have us eating leftover turkey well after Turkey Day and sometimes even on my B-Day! Thankfully my birthday is our of the expiration date for most Thanksgiving menu items this year!
Today is the 27th of November, meaning it has been four days since Turkey Day. Also meaning you better get to eating the leftovers because they are about to go bad according to Still Tasty...
- Turkey, 3 to 4 days. If it's cut up and stored in a shallow container, it might last a little longer, but it's risky.
- Homemade gravy. Only a day or two.
- Stuffing, 3 to 4 days.
- Mashed potatoes or green bean casserole, 3 to 5 days.
- Pumpkin pie, 3 to 4 days. Apple pie lasts a little longer. You can leave it out for 2 days, then put it in the fridge for another two days.
- Cranberry sauce. The sugar acts as a preservative, so you can leave it in the fridge up to two weeks and still eat it.
Of course the worst item lasts the longest...