I don't need to tell you that news is mostly bad these days on the TV and even social media. So, I have made it my mission everyday, until this all ends, to find at least five good news stories to share with you on my show, on social media, and right here on my blog.
Here are the five for March 25th -
- A Texas animal shelter is making it easier to help animals in need while people are stuck at home. The Harris County Animal Shelter is looking for people to foster dogs and will bring them right to the car as part of its social distance policy. The shelter will even provide dog food for those providing temporary homes for these animals.
- More and more businesses are stepping up in big ways. Lowe's is donating $10 million worth of protective gear. Ford and 3M are working together on a new respirator that uses repurposed car parts. And Intel just announced it's donating a million protective items like masks and gloves that they had in storage.
- The Greeley Stampede announced that if you order delivery or take-out from one of our restaurant partners, you'll receive a FREE gift card good for two weekend rodeo tickets. All you need to do is mention the code word "STAMPEDE" when you place the order (quantities are limited).
- White House, Congress agree on $2 trillion coronavirus rescue bill, $1,200 per adult, $500 per child
- As America is in the thick of fighting the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and dealing with the global pandemic's rippling effects, iHeartRadio is teaming up with FOX for a good cause during FOX presents The iHeartRadio Living Room Concert for America on Sunday, March 29th. Hosted by Elton John, this unique remote concert will feature some of music's biggest stars including Alicia Keys, Backstreet Boys, Billie Eilish, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Mariah Carey and Tim McGraw, as they perform (while social distancing and staying home) from their own living rooms.